Sunday, July 20, 2008

I began reading master Pip and am stunned. Its been a long time since I have read such a captivating and easy book. I cannot put the book down. The book seems to me a blueprint of the entire class thus far. Mr. Watts, AKA Pop Eye, mirrors Mr. Sexson with his melodic reading of the first chapter of Great Expectations by "Mr. Dickens." Also I found some relation to Ex Libris where Matilda admires the "reading Aloud" of the book much  as Anne Fadiman noted in her essay "Sharing the Mayhem." Another connection of Matilda and Anne Fadiman is when Matilda comes home with new words to impress her mom, like rimey, much the same as Fadimans use of sesquipedalians. I will finish the book tonight or early tomorrow and can't wait to do it.

On another note, I have a story to tell. I'll set you, the reader, with everything you need to know that is relevant. I am in a transitional period with my living situation. I live in a four bedroom house with my friends with the lease expiring on August 17. I had a friend who lived in a studio penthouse with a rooftop deck who was moving out. I couldn't pass it up. I signed the lease for the studio apt and I'm slowly moving in...

That being said, I work at Taco Del Mar, and I share my boring stories and daily events with my co-workers including the events that happen in English class. I told a coworker, Reed, about my new rooftop apt.  Just to give you some details about what kind of guy he is, he loves lewd humor and has a taste for the scatological jokes. I told him I had to write a sonnet about and for a loved one. He told me I should Poo Dollar someone. For those who don't know what this is,.. well... click here! http://www.poodollar.org/playvideo1.html.  Anyway I said I probably not do the nasty task but he did challenge me to write a poem about it. I accepted the challenge. It will be called "A Dollar Well Spent." Coming soon to the CoombeJournal Blog July, 2008. Look for it this summer.

No comments: